Akaroa Events Calendar - Winter 2022
Book your accommodation at the Criterion with us now on 0800 AKAROA or +64 3 304 7775
- Ethels Cinema Akaroa , go online for the latest movies on show, 4 Selwyn Avenue, Akaroa 7520
- Opera lovers..Ethels Cinema is presenting a series of live Opera performances from the Metropolitan Opera in New York City. The series runs from Saturday 7th May through to October 30th.
- Check out ethels,co.nz for tickets and viewing times.
Okains Bay Maori & Colonial Museum sets out to offer a 'big picture' view of New Zealand's past from the country's indigeneous ancestry to it's colonial settlement history. An amazing collection in Okains Bay just 20 minutes drive from Akaroa!! This is a must do and originally started out as a private collection of Maori treasures! Open Saturday -Sunday 10.00-4.00 over winter.
Akaroa Museum has an amazing collection including archives, art, photography, clothing and taonga focusing on the history of Banks Peninsula. Open every day 10.30-4.30.
Akaroa Cooking School have just released their
Akaroa Farmers Market
2 Oct 2022 through to 30 Apr 2023
Visit the Akaroa Farmers Market every Saturday from 9.30am to 1pm from October to April. Banks Peninsula has an abundance of produce and passionate gardeners. Our stallholders offer locally grown fruit, veges, herbs, honey, olive oil, olives, nuts and flowers plus locally produced preserves, pickles, jams, sauces, bread, pastries, lavender products, plants, and more
Grand Hotel Rue Lavaud Akaroa. Enjoy live afternoon and evening music every weekend. Have a look online at grandhotelakaroa.co.nz to see who is playing
- Experience the Winter skies of Banks Peninsula with Akaroa Stargazing. Guided tours to view our beautiful winter skies at the Heritage Park. Go to akaroastargazing.com for details of tours
- Orion Powerhouse Gallery is open again for the summer season. An historic part of Akaroa being the original powerhouse for the township this beautiful building also acts as a Gallery for exhibitions. The Gallery is located at 1 Rue Pompallier andis open daily from 10am to 4pm.
- The next exhibition is called Family Poor Trait..an exhibition featuring the de Vries family exhibiting paintings and sculptures.
- Fancy a night out at the Cabaret. To start off the French Festival Planning Year Le Petit Cabaret is being held on October 22nd at the Gaiety Hall . Enjoy a night of burlesque, music, comedy and dancing featuring Mullet man. Tickets are available at eventfinda.co.nz.
- The Friends of the Akaroa Museum are hosting an Inside Out Akaroa House and Garden Tour on the weekend of 19th November - 20th November. It is a community fundraiser and it gives everyone a rare chance to see homes and gardens in stunning locations in and around Akaroa. Tickets are $45.00 and are available on eventfinda.co.nz and www.visitakaroa.com.