Akaroa Events Calendar - Spring 2023
Book your accommodation at the Criterion with us now on 0800 AKAROA or +64 3 304 7775
- Ethels Cinema Akaroa , go online for the latest movies on show, 4 Selwyn Avenue, Akaroa 7520
- Cafe and Bar facilities available ..either eat in or takeaway hot and cold food.
- Check out ethels,co.nz for tickets and viewing times.
Okains Bay Maori & Colonial Museum sets out to offer a 'big picture' view of New Zealand's past from the country's indigeneous ancestry to it's colonial settlement history. An amazing collection in Okains Bay just 20 minutes drive from Akaroa!! This is a must do and originally started out as a private collection of Maori treasures! Open Saturday -Sunday 10.00-4.00 over winter.
Akaroa Museum has an amazing collection including archives, art, photography, clothing and taonga focusing on the history of Banks Peninsula. Open every day 10.30-4.30.
Akaroa Cooking School hosts masterclasses on many different styles of cooking. Go to akaroacooking.co.nz for their timetable.
The Akaroa French Festival will be held 6th-8th October. Come along and join in the festivities over the weekend including a Night Market, French Landing re-enactment,Street Parade,Market Day and Le Cabaret. Something for the whole family to enjoy. Le Cabaret is excited to have The Lady Killers as one of the star performers.
Grand Hotel Rue Lavaud Akaroa. Enjoy live afternoon and evening music most weekends. Akaroa Have a look online at grandhotelakaroa.co.nz to see who is playing
- Experience the Spring and Summer skies of Banks Peninsula with Akaroa Stargazing. Guided tours to view our beautiful summer skies at the Heritage Park. Go to akaroastargazing.com for details of tours.
- Visit the historic Akaroa Lighthouse and learn the history of this historic building and the many tales it could tell. Open from 10-1 Saturdays and Sundays.